Sunday, March 27, 2011

Through the Looking Glass

Simply put, I'm tired of Facebook.  So this is my response.  Like the turn of the century Arts & Crafts reaction to Victorian architecture, I'm simplifying.  I want a large front porch as opposed to Queen Anne gingerbread facia.  Think of this as my four square response to the ornate indulgences of Facebook.  Plus I'm never going to Farmville and I don't care if you, "just answered a question about Jonathan."

And I'd rather write.  I read therefore I should write.  Might be fun to have you along for the ride.

Nietzsche once famously said, "Talent borrows; genius steals."  That said, the title of my new blog either borrows or steals its title from two sources:  Lewis Caroll's adventures about a precocious and often dense young lady and the 13th chapter of Paul's first epistle to the Corinthians [12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. (King James version with "charity" rendered as "love")].  I'll leave it to you to determine whether what is to come in the days ahead is (a) talent, (b) genius or (c) None of the Above.

For more information on how Alice of Wonderland fame and the Apostle Paul might peacefully coexist within these pages stayed tuned.  Film at eleven.  For those of you even a little familiar with my former Facebook status updates, enough said.

Thank you for spending some time here.  I hope that you eventually find it to be as comfortable as your favorite couch and as challenging as your favorite book.

Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment